Tips and Tricks
- NetherRack (Red Nether Stone) burns forever just light it with a lighter on top
- You can set mobs on fire with a lighter. Even rock stays lit for almost a couple of seconds before it goes out.
- Creepers spawn on top of trees.
- Always put torches on the left of caverns you explore. Then when you want to go back torches should be on your right.
- You can put ladders on every other block.
- Clouds always move North and you can use this to help navigate and not get lost when exploring without a compass.
- You can use any wood or coal to smelt. Jmandabeast pointed out that you can smelt with a bucket of Lava also.
- DestroyingÂ a wood chest with items in it will only make the items pop out like when you die and you can still collect them.
- Smelt clay to make bricks then craft bricks to make brick blocks.
- Dropped items go away after 5 minutes
- Water only flows 8 blocks. If you let it drop down a block before 8 blocks it will go 8 more.
- You can stop water with ladders and pressure plates.
- There is a trick to mining obsidian. I used Effective-Obsidian-Gathering-in-Minecraft-Alpha PDFÂ by @AstragaliUSA
Have some tips and tricks you want to share? Send them to BitBurner@minecrap.com